Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Analysis in every day use. Page 141

Analysis in everyday use
Bass Pro Shop and Cabela’s: Fishing Gear

                My son and I both enjoy fishing and spend the majority of our free time on lake fishing.  So I chose to analyze the fishing gear sections on the Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shop websites.  

Cabela’s:
                After using both websites several different times to shop for different items we each needed for our tackle boxes, I have decided that I prefer the Cabela’s website when shopping online.  When you go to www.Cabelas.com the home page immediately draws your attention with beautiful pictures of the outdoors and lots of pictures of gear that they have on sale or is the main advertisement for that week.  They always have great sales on the home page also. There advertisements are very flashy and which draw the consumer in and make you want to look through the main page before even searching for whatever it is you have gone to the website for.  Then once you do get to the items page that you are interested in the search menu is very clean and organized and easy to find what you are looking for.  It is very simple to navigate and the colors on the menu and the pictures of what you are searching for help the consumer be interested in their website and what they have for sale.

Bass Pro Shop:
                When you search www.basspro.com and get to the website, it has no pictures and very little color or detail on the home page.  It looks more like a directory than a website to shop on.  You can chose your store and it gives you all the details of that store that you chose.  There is no separated menu on the home page to look through what they are retailing. The first time I ever went to the website to search fishing lures, I spent at least 5 minutes trying to find a menu to search what they had.  I ended up typing in a search bar at the top of the page that was for “website search”.  I typed in fishing gear and it took me to a list of fishing supplies and then you chose what you want.  It is a very straightforward, simple site where you can find exactly what you need without flashy advertisements of pictures to draw you into the site. It is definitely not “consumer oriented”.


                Through my analysis, I think that Cabela’s appeals more to the emotional consumer with the flashy details that will catch your eye before offering information and that Bass Pro Shop appeals more to the logical thinker by offering exactly what you need in a clear straightforward manner.  I might add a bit more color and detail to the Bass Pro Shop site and make the search easier to locate and navigate. I definitely prefer the Cabela’s website to the Bass Pro Shop website.  However, when I am going to shop in person for fishing gear, I prefer Bass Pro Shop over Cabela’s.  Bass definitely has more in their store and you can tell the store is very consumer oriented in the way it’s decorated and with the setup of what they are selling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment